Friday, February 11, 2011

Sitting in MCI

Well, here I sit, sitting in the Kansas City Airport, waiting for the flight to Minneapolis and then back home! I'm actually going to be working on a video blog tomorrow with more details and visuals from the trip... so this is more of a reflective deal tonight.

At this point In leaving I am torn. My time here has been amazing, our schedule has basically been eat, pray, and meet with people who have been involved at iHOP for years. It has been quite different from 'real life,' but it has been so enjoyable. I keep telling people that the only thing that could have made this trip any better was if my beautiful wife could have come, and I do mean that!

Other than missing Kirsten (I know, cry me a river and all that), I'm excited to go home because the trip here has been so good. I have felt equipped the whole time that we have been here, and equipping really starts to get exciting when the work is being done, and there's a lot of work to do. I have never been in an environment before that has lended itself to so much reflection, planning, and great conversation. All of that is going to start to take shape in the next couple months.

I will be posting again in the next couple of days to go more in depth about the good that God is doing, so this is mostly just to get you excited!

Thanks for your prayers while I was gone, I could feel an uncanny ability to connect with God over this last week and I know that a lot of that has to do with the fact that I have a whole team of people praying for me at home. Thanks so much!

See you in 6 hours, Edmonton!

No comments:

Post a Comment